Be a Museomixer
People make museums! At Museomix, we believe strongly in sharing knowledge and skills for greater creativity. During the event, we connect different profiles in teams to allow new perspectives and ideas to emerge. Each team chooses a challenge to tackle during 3 days and is composed of 7 profiles.
Everyone can apply to be a Museomixer.
We don’t accept applications as teams, but we support everyone to apply individually. All teams exist of seven different profiles & the teams get formed on the first day of the hackathon.
When everyone got the tour of the museum, we do a big tombola to form the teams. Everyone can choose the challenge they want to work on and we try to give everyone their first choice.
This is the practical member of your group. They’ll create the physical components of your prototype.
Spread the word!
They’ll manage your prototype’s profile and make sure that the public knows what it is and how it works.
Bring the experience to life!
They’ll make your prototype more accessible and understandable to the public.
The graphic designer
Make it look attractive!
They’ll give your prototype an aesthetic identity which makes the public want to give it a go.
The content manager
Check the facts!
This person is responsible for all the information within your prototype.
They’ll make sure it’s accurate and complete.
Make it work!
This is the technological genius. They’ll ensure that your prototype works, for example by getting rid of bugs.
Make it all run smoothly!
They’ll guide your team through the marathon, facilitating teamwork and helping you to stay zen.
Submit your application by 30 JUNE 2020. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
The 2020 edition
This year, the event will take place on 6-7-8 NOVEMBER in Brussels. Given the uncertainty of holding an event 'as we know it', we are adjusting our usual format. But worry not, we're still thinking big:
- A multi-museum event: Get to know and co-create with professionals from three different museums during the event.
- An external location: Because we want to avoid burdening a single museum with the logistics of the event, the our hackathon will take place in an exciting venue in Brussels, such as a FabLab.
- Shared challenges: You will tackle themes relevant across museums and likely to stay crucial for the foreseeable future, with a strong digital element.
What does Museomix cost?
We ask for a €50 admission fee that helps us cover the cost of the great weekend you get in return.
What do you get in return?
- sleeping spot for Friday and Saturday night (if you need Thursday or Sunday night too, you'll be able to let us know and we'll see what we can do)
- breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks and snacks during the event
- a lot of fun
- a lot of coffee
- not so much sleep
- a fablab and all other material you might need to build state of the art prototypes
- experts to help and advise you during the weekend
- a great new network
- a lot of inspiration
- and much more!